BUYING YOUR NEW BUILD HOME
BBH Legal Services Limited has a specialist New Build Property Team. They have vast experience in dealing with new developments
for residential purposes which includes many schemes such as:
- Stand-alone purchases
- Part exchange – Developer will take your current property in part exchange
- First Time Buyer utilising a government scheme such as Help to Buy
- Shared Ownership.
I HAVE RESERVED A PLOT, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
In order to reduce the risk of losing your new build property, make sure that you instruct solicitors as soon as you decide to
reserve a new build. Early appointment with your proposed Lender is recommended to ensure you meet your Reservation Expiry Date.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
When you buy a new build property it is usually purchased off-plan and the developer will require contracts to be exchanged within
a tight deadline. Once you have exchanged the developer will build the property and will then obtain a guarantee from NHBC
or a similar organisation.
It is important that you understand the transaction and any potential difficulties, which may arise.
By appointing us to act on your behalf you may be assured we will:-
- Let you have copies of all relevant estate documents
- Produce a full contract report on all documents received
- Advise on planning, building regulations and new build warranty conditions
- Deal with lenders conditions for re-inspection or new build guarantees
- Liaise with developers’ site offices and legal departments
- Meet your deadlines for legal work, searches and enquiries wherever possible
WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ESTATE ROADS?
We will ensure that a Highways Act Agreement is in place. The agreement is made between the Local Authority the Developer and a
third party providing an insurance guarantee. The agreement confirms that the estate roads are the responsibility of the developer
until they become publicly maintained (adopted) by the Local Authority.
Completion is usually required within a set period of time, which can range between 10 and 14 days notice being given by the developer.
Our team will ensure that you meet every deadline and that everything is prepared beforehand and that you don’t miss out on
your new home.