Your financial advisor is qualified to recommend an Equity Release Plan which will meet your needs. It is our job to ensure that you understand exactly what you are doing, your legal obligations and what the immediate and longer term consequences might be, so that you can make your decision to proceed with confidence.
What is Equity Release?
Providing that you and (if applicable) your partner are over the age of 55 and you are a homeowner then Equity Release allows you to release money tied up in your property. There are a wide variety of plans on the market which allow you to take a tax-free lump sum or a regular income, or a combination of both. There are no repayments to make during your lifetime.
Popular reasons for equity release
- Home repair and improvement
- Buying a second home
- Repaying an existing mortgage or debts
- Buying a second home
- Gifts to family and friends
- Home care
- Daily living expenses
- Car purchase
There are two major types of Equity Release Plans:
- Lifetime Mortgage with this plan the money you release is not repaid until you leave the property or die and there are no repayments to make during your lifetime. Interest rolls up during the lifetime of the mortgage and will be included in the repayment sum.
- Home Reversion with this plan you sell all or part of the interest in your home in return for money and a lease which allows you to stay in your property for life rent free. Your financial advisor will recommend the best scheme for you.
Why is Equity Release becoming popular?
Equity Release is not new, but it is now regulated by the Financial Services Authority. You also have the assurance that your financial adviser will be fully authorised and qualified to give expert advice. Releasing capital from your home is now accepted as a popular method of planning for retirement and boosting your finances. The benefits and variety of Equity Release have improved significantly over the years, with more and more retired homeowners taking advantage of the equity built up in their home.
Why choose BBH Legal Services
We are specialists in the legal field of Equity Release and can offer you expert guidance with all the procedures involved in what is likely to be one of the most important decisions of your life.
- We always aim to be approachable and friendly
- Our experience ensures a swift and efficient service
- We ensure communication is made easy
- Wherever possible we will avoid jargon
- Our advice will always be impartial and independent
- We will act in your best interests at all times
We recognise that entering into an Equity Release scheme is a very private matter, so you can rely on us to keep your financial affairs confidential. A full quotation for our charges is made at the outset.